Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 301 10-05-2007 , 04:32 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
are those bmw rims? (i've modeled a bmw some time ago and made rims that look like yours-see picture and compare-)user added image and i'm glad you maintained the cupholders i like coffee when i'm driving keeps me alert

Attached Thumbnails
# 302 10-05-2007 , 09:44 AM
actually i got the idea from breyton rims and i just changed some things on it. some renders.
user added image
user added image

# 303 10-05-2007 , 06:48 PM
Acid44
those are some beautiful renders man good workuser added image

are you ever going to animate this car or just use it for renders

# 304 11-05-2007 , 10:55 AM
Excellent model. How did you draw your blue prints? Did you follow some sort of measurement system to match up your different views. Did you have any flaws when modeling with your blueprints?

# 305 12-05-2007 , 01:43 AM
@ acid - yea i do plan to make an animation of this car, but i have not planned the details yet.
@XtremeAMX - i didnt draw any blueprints for this car, i basically used blue prints of other car i felt it was comparable to in size, oh yes ive had many flaws if you check the first page you'll see alot of them

# 306 12-05-2007 , 04:14 AM
You mean you used a combination of other cars blueprints? I saw on the first page a sketch. I tried sketching my own car, everything was scaled correctly, unfortunately half the things in the views didnt match.

# 307 14-05-2007 , 01:24 AM

Originally posted by XtremeAMX
You mean you used a combination of other cars blueprints? I saw on the first page a sketch. I tried sketching my own car, everything was scaled correctly, unfortunately half the things in the views didnt match.

yea i did use about 3 different car bluse prints and even other pictures to get the scale of the car to look right. Of course with any blueprint the views will hardly match 100 percent so i rely mostly on ref images. ok i remodeled the rims and also reworked the material for them. hopefully this looks better than the chrome.
user added image
user added image

# 308 14-05-2007 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
i like the allows much better then the chrome

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 309 14-05-2007 , 11:31 PM

Originally posted by 99GsTurbo
i like the allows much better then the chrome

thanks man, hey how have you been not seen on msn in a while, hopefully everything is alright with you.

# 310 21-05-2007 , 06:08 AM
some more renders, but they dont look as good as i thought and materials need a lot of work. but ill post it anyway
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 311 21-05-2007 , 07:18 AM
Your car material renders look good. It doesnt look like you used an hdr to produce reflections. Looks like you put different lights. What did you render with and how did you accomplish your look?

# 312 21-05-2007 , 06:15 PM

Originally posted by XtremeAMX
Your car material renders look good. It doesnt look like you used an hdr to produce reflections. Looks like you put different lights. What did you render with and how did you accomplish your look?

some of the renders i used and hdri for them but for this latest one, i used a ramp black at the bottom white in the middle and like a 30% gray at the top. and i connected the ramp to a surface shader, also i added 4 lights to the scene to help illuminate the interior.

# 313 21-05-2007 , 06:47 PM
Thanks for the input. I am new to maya and havent used ramp shaders, so I'll give it a try. Ive seen your wheel wires. Did you actually model that or use a displacement map? Lastly, I made my first car, a murcielago, used hdr. Does it look real?

Attached Images
# 314 31-05-2007 , 01:38 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
looks awesome, the only thing that looks a bit off is the doorhandle, to my humble opinion it needs to be higher and more to the back, but very nice man very nice....:bow:

and amx.... fix the hdri map cause it looks like it deforms rhe frontleftside of your caruser added image

# 315 05-06-2007 , 12:14 PM
ok i need some fresh eyes on this project, i know there are bumps there always are user added image . As for modeling im done except for a logo and the vents and maybe a car key. crits and comments are welcome.
user added image
user added image
user added image