Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-08-2006 , 07:28 PM
Subscriber

I should know, I suppose

I have turned on something and need help turning it off. I get a count (number) on all of my vertices in the perspective view. I must have turned it on, but not sure how I did or how to turn it off. Can someone help?

Thanks!!!

# 2 16-08-2006 , 08:33 PM
You could try going to Display > Heads Up Display > Poly Count and click on the poly count. That might get it off. When its on, you can see the count up in the top left hand corner. That might work.

# 3 16-08-2006 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber
johnnyos, thank you. But it is not the headsup display that I was referring to, although I do use that. I should have been alittle more clear. The numbers for the vertices show on the vertices on the plane itself.

Let me send a picture.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 16-08-2006 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
Go to [Window]-[Settings and Preferences]--[Preferences]-
Then select [Sub Divisions] from the left selection menu -- There check the option to display components as [points] not [numbers]

# 5 16-08-2006 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
Thanks portermalone, but I have checked that and even restored defaults and still get the display of numbers. I suppose it may be something else, but don't know what it may be.

# 6 16-08-2006 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
Well I believe I found it. I also have Maya 8 also installed on this machine and the numbers was set for sub-d in it. I changed it and now I don't get the numbers on the planes in version 7. Strange I suppose some way it was shared a pref file or something. But that is a thought for another day, back to modeling. Thanks for the responses.