sandman300 (SL) 2 2.53%
paintballfrog99 (SL) 1 1.27%
TalNinja (SL) 5 6.33%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 14-04-2007 , 01:14 AM
But maniak made several models

just the train would be enough for this challenge. And some of you would spend 2 weks making it but he did it in 2 days. I just think it's not right. He put all his spare time of 2 weeks in this challenge

goksimaster

Last edited by goksimaster; 14-04-2007 at 01:17 AM.
# 17 14-04-2007 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by goksimaster
But maniak made several models

just the train would be enough for this challenge. And some of you would spend 2 weks making it but he did it in 2 days. I just think it's not right. He put all his spare time of 2 weeks in this challenge

I dont understand user added image
Are you saying it is disgraceful because he has less votes or because he made a bigger model?

And i don't think it is necessary to say that someone put more time into their model and therefore it should win, you have no way of telling that. I put alot of effort into my model and it hasn't got a single vote yet. It's just the way life works

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 18 14-04-2007 , 02:01 AM
I'm a SL 'er that visits here fom time to time aswell, so I have no problems with the voting.

kudos to everyone who entered the comp, some really nice models in the comp !

I voted for jsprogg, because the model immediately blew my socks off ( in figure of speech user added image ) although there's some other great looking models aswell !!!

I was originally planning on voting for a SL model entry though..... sorry to my collegue SL'ers :blush:

@jsprogg ( and everyone else ) : don't hesitate to join in on the discussions at SL. the software is just the technical stuff, we'd like to hear your thoughts about the models! Anyway things will be better after the merge...
:p

# 19 14-04-2007 , 02:09 AM
Location: The holy land. :-) But as you can see, mostly on the web :-]

Originally posted by admiralbcd
@jsprogg ( and everyone else ) : don't hesitate to join in on the discussions at SL. the software is just the technical stuff, we'd like to hear your thoughts about the models!

Yep, I agree. :nod:

# 20 14-04-2007 , 02:25 AM

Originally posted by Some Guy
I dont understand user added image
Are you saying it is disgraceful because he has less votes or because he made a bigger model?

Yes I am

He definitely have much better entry then any of you.

jsprogg have god model (and very god ideauser added image ) but nothing special compaerd to maniak dizaine and amount of detail

goksimaster
# 21 14-04-2007 , 03:54 AM

Yes I am

jsprogg have god model (and very god ideauser added image ) but nothing special compaerd to maniak dizaine and amount of detail

Sorry, I dont agree, but thats what the poll's there for.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 22 14-04-2007 , 04:23 AM
Subscriber

Yes I am

Well mr. subtle, I think 'Different' is the word your looking for. This comp is a hard one to judge because of all the 'different' types. There where environments, vehicles, machines, characters.

But thats just my opinion.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 23 14-04-2007 , 04:50 AM
Senior Software Developer
I agree with GSter (hi Steve :p) and SomeGuy.

You have based your vote on one thing, the amount of time it took. I don't think that matters. Mine took about 30 hours to make, but I paced myself over and entire length of the challenge. Looking at it deciding where to put detail and where not.

I certainly would not have gone to the details JS did, but he did and it turned out very well and for me was the top entry for this category. 3D's was very good to and also Tal's (i like to state I am a member of all 3 sites), but for me JS's stands out above the rest. And he got the vote. Well Done JS and good luck m8 user added image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 24 14-04-2007 , 04:52 AM
I vote for jsprogg coz i love his model ... it's brilliant ...
3DM@... your modeling is gr8 too

# 25 14-04-2007 , 06:18 AM
Lifetime Member
Who really cares at the end of the day this poll doesn't mean a jot and if people feel the need to get their mates to sign up and vote then thats just sad, it's what the judges think that counts.

Just so you know i voted for R@nSiD, there were a lot of great models and if the challenge that was set was about detail then Maniac would win hands down, in my humble opinion and it is only mine R@nSiD made a model that was in the spirit of the challenge set, which was after all steampunk and although Maniacs model is without doubt a very fine and detailed model it's not all that steampunk and is more old American west.

Goodluck to all that entered anyhow and we will just have to wait and see what the people who really have a say in who wins think.

Last edited by jsprogg; 14-04-2007 at 06:20 AM.
# 26 14-04-2007 , 06:24 AM
Hey, I thought I was winning...lowest score wins right? (hehe).

I knew half way throught the comp that it was going to be a race between 3dM@niak and jsprogg (even after seeing SL models at the end). Both have a great submission and in my opinion EQUALLY great detailed models. Therefore, I ended up voting for jsprogg ONLY because I thought it was more creative. To be honest, I was really surprised that anyone else besides those two got any votes. Other great models in the comp, but not like those two.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 27 14-04-2007 , 06:38 AM
Senior Software Developer
Agreed with Perfecto. Good voting principles.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 28 14-04-2007 , 06:38 AM
I don't like this argue about jsprogg's work and mine... let's all calm down and wait for the voting to end and mtmckinley to chose the winner... I think that my entry is very large scene, and high detailed, but I agree it might not be as "steampunk" as it should.

So i think this argue and flame is useless... We all learn something on each challenge we enter, and that is mostly the reason for joining a challenge like this, without large prizes. It is good thing to win a competition like this, as a reward for effort u put in your work, but i don't like arguing like this... it looks really bad to end a challenge with a fight.

Personally, i thought that creativity and design are not the most important here, as well as making it 1000% steampunk , cause this is a modeling challenge, and that's why i did only few sketches and focused on modeling as large and as detailed model as possible. But that is just my opinion, and i might have got it all wrong, so it's not really important...

Just please stop this fight cause it makes no sense, and ruins the challenge...

Make 3d, not war user added image user added image user added image

# 29 14-04-2007 , 06:50 AM
The Maya Mountain
I'm beginning to remember why I didn't do polls for so long... user added image

# 30 14-04-2007 , 07:00 AM
3dM@niak: I apologize!

mtmckinley: Is it possible in the future to have the poll, but not permit replies (comments)?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!