Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-10-2003 , 11:40 PM

Adding U & V patches to a surface

I have made a NURBS curve (heart shaped to fit the pool in the challenge) using the CV curve, closed it, and then used the Make Planar command to give it a surface. However, it only divided it up into 9 different UV Patches. Is there any way to increase the number either during Planar or afterwards? If not, is there any other way to make an odd shaped NURBS plane (I need water)?

TIA

# 2 09-10-2003 , 01:21 AM
The Maya Mountain
A Planar surface is simply a trimmed surface. If you are going to want to animate splashes and such into it, you're going to have problems.

I really think polygons would be a better choice here.

As for your question, you can make odd shaped nurbs surfaces, but they won't necessarily deform very well.

# 3 09-10-2003 , 01:57 AM
Thanks. Will research some poly water, then. I found out how to increase the U & V patches, tho, so that may prove useful later on (channel-input...stupid stupid me).

It doesn't really need to splash, just ... look like water. user added image My monkeys wish to steam in sauna/bath.

(edit) it seems to work the same for a poly bit as for a nurbs bit, so I have water. Not sure if it really looks like it, but is probably all the time I'll spend on that part until the monkeys move.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nataliia; 09-10-2003 at 03:04 AM.