Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-11-2005 , 11:30 AM

mirroring my subds

I have got really far with my car modelling and I am now at the stage of mirroring mu subd geometry, but it is casuing a few prtoblems. Firslt when i select a piece of my car, for examply my back window, and I go to mirror, it mirrors wrong. I have treied it in all the axis, yet even when it reflects in the right access it is still not a 100% mirror, as it has to be rotated manually etc to get it looking exactly the same position as the other piece? Whats the problem?

Also I have found that when I have mirrored sometimes thge actual subd surface turns into a poly? Please help.

# 2 07-11-2005 , 09:04 AM
Subscriber
are you mirror via duplicate with a negative scale or from the subdiv menu? I'm guessing the menu, since you're getting conversion to poly. as for position, you may need to redifine the objects pivot point.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 07-11-2005 , 03:10 PM
thanks for your help