Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-05-2007 , 02:44 PM

Fox

I was wondering if anyone knows any good lighting tuts, as I was thinking of making the starting scene of so many movies these days. I know how to make the letters, now the only thing is to make nice mats and good lighting, something of which I've never done!
Any comments, suggestions and other things of this sort are welcome, thanks,
Chris

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-05-2007 , 09:54 PM
First off, I wouldn't make that because it would be a serious copyright infringement, and second off... well, I'll just stick with first off. Good lighting can be practiced in any scene, so just stick to the basics and experiment your way up.

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 3 07-05-2007 , 12:54 AM
I would use spotlights with fog attached to them for the main lights, as for the materials its going to be a case of lots of messing about to get it right, have a look in the help files for some advice on what each property of the matarial does.

Happymat27's got a greast 3 point lighing tutorial on his site, have a search for a post by him and his links there.

As for copyright, well if your going to usei t for something commercial then yes it would be sa prob, if its just for an private excercise then you'll be ok.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle