Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-03-2007 , 02:56 AM

creating blend shape after rigging?

i have smooth bind my model to my skeleton , adjusted the weightage and do some key frame animation ....

however i just learned about some simple facial expression using create cluster and blendshape...

issit possible to create blend shapes after rigging and binding?

when i try that my duplicate model moves to my original model

do i have to redo the whole process and start with blend shape before doing my skinning?

thks for the help

# 2 15-03-2007 , 02:54 PM
that's not a problem.
go to the input connection and change the position of the blendshape node.. take it behind the skinning node.

# 3 15-03-2007 , 05:19 PM
Senior Software Developer
The above solution may work, but it is scrappy and should not be dont that way.

You should have taken duplicates of your original head prior to skinning the rig. This ensure zero issues with blend shapes.

My advise would be export your weights, go back detach the skin do the duplicates (all must be of the original head, not copies of the duplicates) rebind the skin to the rig and import the weights.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 15-03-2007 , 05:22 PM

good

you are right man!