Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-04-2008 , 02:13 AM

FX CHALLENGE 01 WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Well, it was a VERY tough challenge for all involved, so I think I will make the next one a little bit easier so we can get more of you involved all the way to the deadline next time

So, without any further ado, the FX CHALLENGE 01
top 2 WINNERS ARE:

Swil and R@nSiD !!!

Congrats guys on trying your best to achieve the shot as requested and as you envisioned it!

PS, if you 2 guys can please PM me ASAP with your name and mailing address, I'll get you your prizes (pictured below) out to you as fast as I can.
Currently Matte World Digital says they only have size XL and XXL left over from the last batch they have, so please include the size you want as well

The next FX CHALLENGE 02 starts on a new date:

FRIDAY MAY 9th!!

So get your camera projection chops up to par, as I hope this will be a better one!

Attached Images

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 2 20-04-2008 , 03:42 AM
Hey all, in the future, I'll be accepting your video footage of your completed shots via my personal email address in the event the zipped files are too large to upload to the submission threads.

Also, I'll be doing a bit-for-bit transcode of them to be displayed for viewing here:

SimplyMaya Blip.tv Channel

Currently, only Swil's entry is there but lemme know what you thinkuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 3 20-04-2008 , 05:25 AM

Re: FX CHALLENGE 01 WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Originally posted by ragecgi
The next FX CHALLENGE 02 starts on a new date:

FRIDAY APRIL 9th!!

Of next year? user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 4 20-04-2008 , 05:58 AM
WHOOPS! hehe, I meant MAY 9thuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 5 21-04-2008 , 12:35 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ragecgi
Hey all, in the future, I'll be accepting your video footage of your completed shots via my personal email address in the event the zipped files are too large to upload to the submission threads.

Also, I'll be doing a bit-for-bit transcode of them to be displayed for viewing here:

SimplyMaya Blip.tv Channel

Currently, only Swil's entry is there but lemme know what you thinkuser added image

As I've posted in many a thread, I have massive amounts of bandwidth and hosting. I can host any necessary files.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 6 07-05-2008 , 02:14 AM

Re: Re: FX CHALLENGE 01 WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Originally posted by dave_baer
Of next year? user added image

why does it have to be a FX challenge? You just did one lol.

Congrats to the winners

# 7 07-05-2008 , 02:27 AM
Yes I agree on that but I understand if its to late to change the challange now, I guess that ragecgi already but some time into the next challange.

# 8 07-05-2008 , 04:57 AM
The Maya Mountain
Rage is a FX guy. And an awesome one. If he's going to contribute challenges, it'll be FX challenges. As mentioned before, the regular challenge will come back soon. If Rage continues with his challenges, I hope those of you who are interested feel free to enjoy them as well.

# 9 07-05-2008 , 08:59 AM
Thanks Mikeuser added image Hope married life is treating you ok!

Ok folks, the thread and the announcement for the LAST of the FX CHALLENGES for the forseeable future is going live today, so feel free to take a look and I hope you all can join in!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com