Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-05-2003 , 04:44 PM
Subscriber

May Challenge - Vectorman - nOObie

Okay guys, after i lmao at )v( pic(sorry man), i decided to start. Okay here ya go.
1 hour so far

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 14-05-2003 at 04:47 PM.
# 2 14-05-2003 , 07:52 PM
Subscriber
welcome aboard Vectorman,,, love your spaceship,BTW

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 3 14-05-2003 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
hehe... this is not a spaceship essahc... its actually his face...

no - lol - just joking.

Nice start however. I little wierd geometry maybe. How did you start out Vectorman?

Kühl
# 4 14-05-2003 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
thankx man the movie is really coming along! Pony joined me, and makes the second member of my team, he is currently modeling a gun for the smaller ship. Pure may help if he has anymore time after his colledge projects are finished. And my friend Dale is gonna help in 17 days when he gets outta boarding school.

lol kuhl

Thanx for the welcom, hopefully this will come out somewhat Anime when i'm done. I've always wanted anime hair!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 5 15-05-2003 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
ARRRG i saved over my low poly mesh! cb8rwh we really have to learn how to save the right way!!! Arg oh well, i wasn't that far along so i guess i'll try to recreate it. Here is the smoothed version of the old one. Don't know how i'm gonna make this look anime......

# 6 15-05-2003 , 06:45 PM
hey...better start than I had.

I cant get good lips and eyelids.... =/

# 7 15-05-2003 , 06:52 PM
Subscriber
Well ELI has in formed me that we are going to PREMIER the video in 3 weeks, so unfortunatly i will have t owithdraw from the competition for now. Sorry guys. MAYBE just maybe i'll have some time/inspiration to finish this, but probably not for the challenge. GOOD LUCK ALL YOU GUYS ARE DOING GOOD!

# 8 15-05-2003 , 07:00 PM
Vector, did you delete history before saving the mesh?
Check on the Attribute Editor for PolySmooth nodes. If they´re there you can check their smooth values on 0 and then delete history. You´ll have your lowpoly mesh again.

# 9 15-05-2003 , 07:09 PM
Subscriber
omg yay!! the history is on! YAYAY!!! Thank you ADL! I WIL TRY to finish this, but not sure if i will have enough time.

Last edited by Vectorman; 15-05-2003 at 07:12 PM.
# 10 16-05-2003 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber
adl.. hero of the day user added image. Also, vectorman.. whats this.. you were laughin at my head?!?.. heheh

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 11 21-05-2003 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber
Khul, i started out from a cube and just spli a whole lot.

Um eagle? there are no eyelids = )

I'm gonna do a bit of work on this guy, even tho i won't finish him for the competition.

# 12 21-05-2003 , 10:23 PM
I know. I ment that I cant get good eyelids. lol