Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-04-2003 , 03:09 PM

The "How I Did It" forum...what happened?

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I was wondering what happened? Is it being integrated elsewhere? There was some useful stuff in there....shame to see it gone.

--pete

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 2 11-04-2003 , 05:21 PM
Yeah...weird. I posted somthing like this the other day.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 11-04-2003 , 07:46 PM
Kevin
It was accidently deleted about 6 weeks ago, nobody even noticed it for a month after, I dont think it will be comming back as there are already enough forums on the site.

I did look through the archieve and found that there was no posts there for about 4 weeks aswell - sorry guys, I know some of you found this a usefull place but it was a few weeks before prepering for the move in which I lost it

# 4 11-04-2003 , 08:01 PM
That's too bad. Are you going to offer text-based tuts at some point or a situation where the higher-end users can write a worthwhile tutorial, have it approved by the admins, and posted? Similar in concept to the forum I guess but better organized. Or is it just going to be "host it on your own site and submit a link to the tutorials database"? People may not have noticed the forum gone because it needed more contributors but there really were some great gems in there....creating chains, KB's waves transcript, etc.

# 5 11-04-2003 , 08:11 PM
Kevin
Im not sure nitro. We did once talk about a text (html) area - but we have not got around to doing it yet.

As for a submit "your tutorial area" then this would obviously take a lot of time in developing correctly if we ever did one and so would be some way off user added image

# 6 11-04-2003 , 08:17 PM
Got ya, bro. I think it would definitely be interesting to ponder at some point.....having top-notch original text tuts that you can't find on any other sites...like the head modeling tuts everybody's seen before. Could get into more intensive areas like shading networks and whatnot. Just a thought.

# 7 11-04-2003 , 11:50 PM
Is it totally lost?
<adldesigner wonders about the shader tutorial he wrote for that forum>

# 8 12-04-2003 , 01:01 AM
SM Tea Boy
adl no mate not lost I have a backup of it user added image when iv finished the gallery tomorrow yahhhhh at last, ill give it a little page of its own user added image

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 9 12-04-2003 , 01:37 AM

Originally posted by David
adl no mate not lost I have a backup of it user added image when iv finished the gallery tomorrow yahhhhh at last, ill give it a little page of its own user added image

David user added image

God, that´s excellent to hear, I wanted to start brushing up on Maya again, and I was having problem adjusting my frame of mind. Excellent to hear those words mate.