Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-05-2006 , 05:23 PM

transfering UV sets argh!

hi folks, please help me out of misery!

I created a head consisting of 2094 vertices and duplicated the base mesh for sculpting 3 different versions. I didn´t delete any component. they are still 2094 verts all head meshes.

after unwrapping one head and trying to transfer the UVset - ScriptEditor tells:

// Warning: line 1: Can't perform polyTransfer1 on disabled selection //
// Result: polyTransfer1 // <-- which is a useless blindNode

PS: I exported the meshes into OBJ files and imported them again to transfer the sets. in/export could have maybe caused this problem. but all in all I just can´t figure out why the heck it isn´t working.

thx!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 17-05-2006 , 08:59 PM
hmmm... what about the number of faces and edges?

something could have been f*cked up there, with the faces, it's happened to me before (export from 3ds Max to Maya)

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 17-05-2006 , 09:09 PM
well, it´s looks like being a matter of OBJ format. alltho vertex number is still the same after exporting the vertices have been counted differently vtx379 is vtx798 in the other model.

I use to model in maya and export to 3DSmax then. I found out that FBX is less stressful to work with then OBJ. saving/loading UVsets and transfering does also not happen to work within MAX. but one workaround was to use a morpher modifier and just turn the bad UVs into good UVs.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 4 24-05-2006 , 01:14 AM
So i guess that you fixed this problem?