Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-10-2006 , 10:39 AM

Problems with free texture tutorial

I have been working with maya for a year, and I've only focused on modeling and animation so far.

I decided to try the texture basics-tutorial, the free one.

The tutorial starts out with a door-model. Very simple model, and it took me ten minutes or so to build a similar one. The guy then says that he has taken the UV-coordinates, and put them into photoshop. I try to do the same thing, put when I open the UV texture editor, my UV's are all over the place. Its not like his at all.

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing? Or can anyone provide a solution? Kind of frustrating...

# 2 26-10-2006 , 10:50 AM
Hello

You have to lay out the UV's so that they are flat in the UV editor.
This is done by selecting the object and planar mapping it (select the faces on one side and go to Polygon UV - Planar mapping), this lets you move the UVs around in the UV editor so that they dont overlap.

Do this on both sides of the door and this should mean that you can flatten the UVs without them mixing together.
Hope that helps

user added image