Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-12-2002 , 08:58 AM

question about particles

IPR render doesnt support particles. how can i render a group of particles in the frame that i desire. is that possible?

is it posible to convert particles to nurbs or poligons or something that can be rendered?.

i tried using harware rendering but the quality is no too good. im stuck. help please.

thanks in advance

Bryan.

.ephekto™
# 2 11-12-2002 , 11:22 AM

Re: question about particles

Originally posted by ephekto
IPR render doesnt support particles. how can i render a group of particles in the frame that i desire. is that possible?

is it posible to convert particles to nurbs or poligons or something that can be rendered?.

i tried using harware rendering but the quality is no too good. im stuck. help please.

thanks in advance

1. Drag a rectangular frame in the render view and then hit render region.

2. There are couple of particle types that can be rendered with the software renderer. You could also use the particle instancer to replace the particles with some real geometry.

3. Check the hardware render attributes. You can improve the quality by enabling for example line smoothing and multi-pass rendering...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 11-12-2002 , 05:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
Yes, only a couple of the particle types are capable of being rendered by the normal renderer (indicated by a s/w by the name, I believe. Stands for SoftWare). For the others, you have to use the hardware renderer and than composite them into your scene.

# 4 11-12-2002 , 08:38 PM
thanks for your help, very kind

Bryan.

.ephekto™