Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-04-2004 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber

PLE Performance Issues

I am working on the PLE contest file from Alias. This is polygon model that is rigged with a skeleton. If I open up the model as downloaded, everything in the UI is "snappy". I can grab joints and move them around in real time (wireframe mode).

The problem is after I have gone and done a bunch of work in the UV editor reworking all the UVs, the model has become almost unusable from the point of view of doing animation on it. Clicking on a joint takes forever and moving it caused several seconds of lag before the arm or leg shows in the new position. Have I possibly picked a setting in my model that has killed performance, or does reworking all the UV's affect the speed that the perspective view works (although in wireframe mode, this does not make sense to me).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dan