Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 76 24-12-2007 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
your a hard man !! or is it a boy?? how old are you anyway?? user added image

im sure you'll like it when its done.., IF its done LOL :bandit:

any other opinions out there.., actually.., IS there anybody out there.., or has Louis hit this thread 999 times?? user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 77 25-12-2007 , 12:14 AM
I'm 16.

Yeah well when you start modelling darts it kinda scares people away. :p

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 78 25-12-2007 , 12:25 AM
Subscriber
must be more than darts eh.., i only just suggested that a couple of posts back.., and this thread is breaking records as the longest most read thread of *^$&$# in history.

but hey, Im trying. cant do more than that. looked at a couple of references. better draw something up. how would you approach a model like that.., nurbs, sub_Ds..??

16 eh.., na, I dont believe that user added image

i actually need help.., Steve, Matt.., somebody.., how would you approach the body and the feathers.

the lighting is what interests me.

Last edited by mirek03; 25-12-2007 at 12:27 AM.
# 79 25-12-2007 , 12:28 AM
Stick with the other 5 concepts. I can't remember any of them but you might.

Yeah im 16. Heres a photo to prove it. Took it just then:

Attached Images

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 80 25-12-2007 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
that could be anybody.., you probably tricked the guy into it via a chat line and a camera mounted to his computer user added image they're watching out for guys like you

user added image user added image

# 81 25-12-2007 , 12:51 AM
You're right user added image I tricked myself into it.

# 82 25-12-2007 , 07:42 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! Lets see some progress user added image

Firstly who cares if Louis56 is 16 or not... theres plenty of young people infesting these forums now days. Including me!

As for the dart..... yeah it might not be as cool as the plane, but it your choice. And personally i like darts.

As for how to go about modeling the dart.... well i would create a profile CV curve around the edges of the dart. Revolve it. Then create single poly planes to use as the feathers at the end. Just tweak them to the right shape, and add an Alpha image of the feathered tips.

Sorry if this came of as harsh user added image

Looking forward to your progress. user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 83 25-12-2007 , 08:49 AM
LOL

Well said. We want damn progress already. Quit screwing around. You screw around to much (from southpark).

# 84 25-12-2007 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber
sorry, i was a bit harsh..,I thought maybe it was the other way round and someone tricked YOU into a series of 'poses' for his 'virtual art class.' and that was one of the 'better more not so intimate' snaps.., but its worse, you actually trick yourself.., very sad user added image

i should have been more compassionate.

Mayaniac; thanks for the tips on modelling. user added image revolve sounds good user added image

progress.., at my own pace. if this fool would stop answering to every post i do within two minutes with nothing at all interesting to say. seems to have jumped on a soap box and cant stop preaching.., and not all of us want to do maya 24/7.

hes only been registered a few months.. i dont trust him.., call me paranoid.., this is the sort of guy who can change aliases at will just to bug people, hack, ect. he is succeeding in pissing me off and thats not what this site is about (I think, where is everyone, i would have stopped this ages ago if i had seen it on someone elses thread)

he doesnt even HAVE a model on the go (that i know of.., but im not stalking HIM.)

YOU trust him.., good for yu user added image

I dont believe a word he says.., hope thats not harsh user added image

# 85 25-12-2007 , 03:22 PM
WTF LOL.

I don't know if that last post was all a joke but for now I am going to assume it wasn't.

These random babblings between you and I, mirek, have seemed to esculate into harsh accusations.

Trust me with what? Its not like you've given me your credit card details. Also yeah I know ppl don't use maya 24/7 thats part of the reason for me not continuing with my challenge.

And regarding to if that photo was me or not. Yes it is. I really don't no what you said. Marlon can vouch my age for me. We are the same age.

All in all your last post was a bit confusing.

p.s I hope this reply was longer than 2 minutes after yours.

# 86 25-12-2007 , 04:34 PM
Subscriber
yea, nice of you to wait an extra few minutes.., ususally it takes about 2 min.., and leaves me wondering what the hell i did to you.., or what the hell you are thinking or what might have happened in your life to cause this (hence my what the hell, give benefit of doubt attitude).., for now. OK, your 16. whatever., ect ect.., lets pretend anyway because who cares about anyone that likes shooting people down for fun.., personally i dont believe a word you or your friend say. i dont care.

and credit card details?? no.., but there are a lot of STALKERS/hackers/scumware, who do EXACTLY what yu are doing JUST FOR FUN. i dont like to be a victim.., of someone who gets there rocks off bothering people FOR FUN. 16 years old fits that gruop perfectly.., but there are some stupider than you and continue with this behaviour long past 16, and they work in pairs and groups.., this is well known in computer security.

as for the my last post.., well that was me on a good (restrained) day.., and certainly NOT a joke.

personally i wouldnt be bothered if you never wrote here again.., actually thats a request.

go back to your programming and website, do something other than stalk SM (me actually, cant talk for the rest of the site).., if theres any truth in YOUR WEBSITE.., and dont send me anymore code.., i can copy code too, java, html, python, mel, xhtml, action, ect.., doesnt mean a thing to me though user added image (maybe a little bit)

this has become the top most read thread next to Steve and Mikes sticky.., jesus, there must be a lot of people interested in soapies user added image

anyway, back with some of your constructive crit in say.., 2 min??? just for fun!!

# 87 25-12-2007 , 04:44 PM
What on earth just happened. One minute I'm talking to you about ideas, next your calling me a stupid hacker user added image

Also what do you mean send you code? I don't remember sending you code. Are you getting me confused with someone else. Seriously cuz I don't know what I've done here except talk to you and then be accused of stalking you lol. Lets just forget this whole thing hey?

Can we talk about your challenge instead? Tell us about the next update when your ready.

# 88 25-12-2007 , 04:51 PM
Oh I see. You can't joke or say anything non related to your darts.

Apoligies for not being serious 24/7. Maybe you should read your own signature and practise what you preach.

# 89 25-12-2007 , 04:53 PM
Subscriber
???? go away please

# 90 25-12-2007 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
suprise to those who thought there actually might be modelling HERE, but came, saw, and left either dissappionted.., or amused ?? user added image

the darts

previz on the left, model to the right

Attached Thumbnails