Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-05-2009 , 01:10 AM

Motion Capture With BLENDER

i have heard that blender has 3D motion capture capabilities. and i would like for someone to tell me how to use them, or point me to a good tutorial. what i want to do with it is i have footage of someone doing something and i want to basically put a 3d model of a face i made in maya onto that persons body. how would i do that? Can someone give me good directions on how to do that or point me to a tutorial or website.

thx

# 2 25-05-2009 , 06:40 AM
The Nurb Herd
where did you hear that?

# 3 25-05-2009 , 06:48 AM
It's true apparently Hammer!
Here's a link to some info on it Digitalfear, or just google it, loads of results come up,
motion tracking tutorial
The first half of the tutorial is making a motion tracking suit from ping pong balls and a wet suit, but the second half is about importing it into blender.
The guy has used a poser model to stand in for the actual motion tracked footage but it should work with proper footage apparently.
I also found something elsewhere that mentioned "opencvalgorithm tracking" not sure what that is, probably does what it says I guess!

Last edited by Dango77; 25-05-2009 at 06:56 AM.
# 4 25-05-2009 , 07:34 AM
The Nurb Herd
Oh, well there you go!

i have footage of someone doing something and i want to basically put a 3d model of a face i made in maya onto that persons body.

i guess its not going to work then... unless they are wearing a wetsuit with ping pong balls on it.