Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 23-12-2004 , 12:12 PM
Yes, I animated all the movements and they're done in one scene in one timeline.

And yes, my site is down atm user added image Don't know when I'll get it up again :/

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 17 23-12-2004 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
Another quick question....

The three death animations. is there any particular structure to them .. Ie is death1 for falling etc ? Or can i just do 3 diifferent deaths.

Cheers

# 18 23-12-2004 , 07:37 PM
I think the death animations are played back pretty much randomly... At least I didn't think about them much when I did mine and it works just fine user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 19 23-12-2004 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber
Thank you bud....

# 20 04-01-2005 , 03:43 PM
hey!
I just found this site (forum) by checkin this model, its awesome man! I really love it user added image Very good Job! Hope to see your next production user added image
Since im a big quake3 fan i have a question - hope u can answer... Well i want to make a quake3 movie, and i want to include in it some kind of animation/render for example dancing Sarge (q3 model)... Well im REAL n00b @ Maya so i would b glad if any1 could tell me if there's any good q3 model importer, or maybe some1 already did any q3 models in Maya (i mean the default q3 models like Sarge, Doom etc.) that i can use to animate them in Maya. Any tutorial would b good too user added image Well... Tnx in advance... Greets - PLEJ

Btw: Sry for my english - its not that good , hope u understood what i wanned to say user added image

# 21 04-01-2005 , 09:40 PM
Glad you liked my bugsy. I'm sorry i only know about this md3 exporter for maya. there might be some converter apps which could do a .md3 to .obj or .md3 to .3ds conversion... Don't know any off top of my head though.

Guess the biggest problem is that .md3 files actually contains multiple versions of the player model. It's like a package of poses of multiple animation loops (snapshots of animations in a sense). In other words there isn't a character in a "rest pose" which you could rig and animate easily...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 22 06-01-2005 , 10:20 PM
Have you ever done modeling for UT2004? I'm going to try to make one soon.user added image

# 23 06-01-2005 , 10:22 PM
No I havent...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 24 06-01-2005 , 10:25 PM
You should give it a try sometime.user added image They have a tutorial on getting the character from Maya to UT2004 over at the Alias website. BTW, Bugsy looks awesome!