Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-09-2016 , 02:14 PM

Problem when moving an object(nurbs)

When I try to move a nurbs object, the pivot is stuck at the origin point of the grid. As I move the pivot the object doesn't move but instead the whole grid moves. When I try to manually reset the pivot it just disappears. I don't recall having this problem when I first created the object, but that was quite awhile ago as this is a long term project and i have transferred it between different versions of Maya multiple times. That may have been the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance ;]

Edit,

I've kinda gotten my way around the problem by grouping/organizing the nurb object to a group. I think im good for now, still dont know why it happened the way it did before. I think when I transferred the entire file to a different version of maya it automatically grouped and unparented a lot of the groups I already created, and that might have caused the nurb object to not have a parent? Thus connecting to the world/grid.

Last edited by swang492; 09-09-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Update