Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-05-2004 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber

May - Norm - BabyDuck

oh i am in in this one - that seams to be a lot of fun. and before anyone steals my idea i gonna put it:

the biggest pirat of them all - guybrush threepwood

here is my little concept of the guy based on a few reference pictures i found:

Attached Images
# 2 02-05-2004 , 12:35 AM
The Maya Mountain
nice! Looking forward to it. user added image

# 3 02-05-2004 , 01:54 AM
Subscriber

first start

here is a little bit struggling with the hair and head. i think that is all am going to do today. it is amazing how fast you forget how maya works.

the wireframe is in poly and the render is converted to subd. not much there yet but it is a start :p

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 03-05-2004 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber

hair update

had a little bit of fun making the hair look more like guybrushs hair - now the poor little man does not look like wearing a figherfighters hat. the hair right now has already 384 faces in the unsmooth triangulated version ( more than 6000 when i would smooth it and triangulate). so i dont think guybrush qualifies as a low poly game character user added image

but then he will not be poly when he is ready - right now i just play with the low poly version as much as i can before i ever do any changes in subd (if he needs any) ...

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 05-05-2004 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber

sword

got a little bit time today and i made a simple sword for guybrush. changed the look a little bit as the reference sword in my sketch did not want to be modeled - out came this sword user added image

Attached Images
# 6 06-05-2004 , 07:33 PM
Good work !!user added image