Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-09-2004 , 02:29 PM

Thanks for the warmth, simply maya family!

Thx a lot guys,

This has been a warm welcome & I will see to it that I do justice to your support & encouragement.

I have been a max user for quite some time & I have been putting aside getting into maya for quite some time.

I wanna be a holistic artist like from concept to visualisation to sketching to painting to CG & effects & feel need a lot of maturity which MAYA has to offer.

I've been scared by the Maya interface but now with the support from u cool guys I am gonna burn the bridges & stick around in the maya world come rain or storm!!

Thanks again & LETS ALL MAKE IT BIG!

user added image

# 2 17-09-2004 , 10:08 PM
Subscriber

Re: Thanks for the warmth, simply maya family!

Originally posted by winsome
I've been scared by the Maya interface

Nothing scared me more than the max interface (except maybe the lightwave interface), but after a few weeks you start to get used to it. I'd never change from Maya though.

# 3 17-09-2004 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber

Re: Thanks for the warmth, simply maya family!

Originally posted by winsome
This has been a warm welcome

One thing you'l l notice about SM is that unlike cgtalk nobody here cares if your a maya master or complete newbie. The newbies get just as much support and encouragment as the pros and that's something you can't say about most sites on the net.

# 4 18-09-2004 , 04:13 AM
Subscriber

Re: Re: Thanks for the warmth, simply maya family!

Originally posted by ckyuk
One thing you'l l notice about SM is that unlike cgtalk nobody here cares if your a maya master or complete newbie. The newbies get just as much support and encouragment as the pros and that's something you can't say about most sites on the net.

Well and truely said.

t3

# 5 18-09-2004 , 10:29 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Winsome

Welcome dude,

I agree with Ckyuk as well, you'll find that this place isn't full of pretentious crap like some other sites, where, 'everyones an expert' so to speak. I love it here!!! Its the best Maya site on the web, you can have a good laugh and get some serious comments and crit too!!
See you on the forums!!!

_J

# 6 18-09-2004 , 12:44 PM
Ah, perhaps a bit late, but welcome, winsome! user added image

# 7 19-09-2004 , 07:21 PM
Kevin
welcome to sm dude user added image