Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-04-2005 , 04:01 PM
Subscriber

Dragon

It's been far too long since i last looked round here, but today i decided it was time to fire up maya again and have ago at making something and as you probably guessed from the title it's going to be a dragon. So here's the basic shape roughed out.

EDIT: - btw, it's based on a toy of my brothers.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-04-2005 , 04:09 PM
great start ..... looking forward to more. I like how the wings are shaping up already.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 21-04-2005 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
Thanks. I know it's not really a big update but as part of the joys of sharing a room with your younger brother is that i have to give up my workspace at 9PM so i'm finished with it for tonight. In the morning i'll try and start defining some muscle and his armour.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 21-04-2005 , 11:18 PM
what geometry did you use??? legs and arms look good stiched to the body.user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 5 22-04-2005 , 07:42 AM
Subscriber
I just used four NURBS cylinders to get the shape and now i've converted them to polys so i can weld them together and start to detail. The same method as Kurt uses in his tutorials.

# 6 22-04-2005 , 08:36 AM
Subscriber
Welcome back.. LOL neet looking so far

# 7 22-04-2005 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, hopefully it'll look alot better when finished. One problem with going over to max for a couple of months is that now i've started using maya again i keep using all the max shortcuts and wondering why their not working, although i'm told that could be due to the concussion i'm recovering from. Anyway i didn't get any of that stuff i said i was going to do done and instead shaped out his head and feet aswell as reshaping the wings. The bit that currently looks like a broken leg will end up as his ankle.

EDIT: - btw, no more updates until monday as i have some real paid work to do over the weekend.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ckyuk; 22-04-2005 at 02:09 PM.
# 8 22-04-2005 , 06:00 PM
Subscriber
can we see a mesh of that last render?
the lines look really clean
did you fillet the holes into it?

First year 3D Grad
# 9 24-04-2005 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Here's the wire. It's not a good mesh though because although i've managed to keep it almost all quads (just got to deal with the nose), it's a bit to dense for me.

btw, if you mean where the arms are attached i just use split poly to cut around where they join, deleted the faces and used weld verts.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ckyuk; 24-04-2005 at 06:41 PM.
# 10 24-04-2005 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
Started to add some more shape the head and hind legs tonight.

Attached Thumbnails