Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-05-2008 , 02:59 PM

Maya on macintosh?

Hello I am going to start learning Maya, I have a big question: I am working on a MacBookPro, is that ok or I have to install Windows on my computer?

Luca
# 2 14-05-2008 , 03:07 PM
Get a mac version of maya

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 14-05-2008 , 03:15 PM
I have already a mac version but I cannot use a tree button mouse... the button dont work very well with the functions of zooming and the others 2. Is that only a problem of configuration of the mouse?

Luca
# 4 14-05-2008 , 03:17 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Lucarech
I have already a mac version but I cannot use a tree button mouse... the button dont work very well with the functions of zooming and the others 2. Is that only a problem of configuration of the mouse?

Just get a Mighty Mouse. user added image

# 5 15-05-2008 , 12:21 AM

Installing windows wont fix your mouse if its only got one button.

The "mighty mouse" seems to have a few problems with gunge building up (read reviews on apples site) Justget a standard 3 button mouse as there a lot cheaper and will work just the same (as long as theres no compatability issues)

# 6 15-05-2008 , 12:27 AM
I already have a 3 button mouse but it does not work well. At the same time I did not search a lot for the setting of it on in Maya. Are there some mouse settings in Maya? Where exactly? thank you

Luca
# 7 15-05-2008 , 02:33 AM
I dont think theres and settings for the mouse.

Whats actually wrong, it your mouse dodgey or is it just when your using maya that bits dont work for it??

# 8 17-05-2008 , 09:11 PM
A friend gave me a mighty mouse for a test. I only cam zoom in and out using the scroll button... normaly I should be able to mouve around by pressing a button of the mouse and the scroll button isn't it?

Luca
# 9 19-05-2008 , 06:30 AM
Subscriber
i'm running maya on a mac and it's fine. left and right buttons work as normal and the scroll wheel zooms in and out when i scroll it and pans around if i click it.

sounds like you just need a different mouse, mine was just a cheapo plug in and play one and it's fine.

# 10 19-05-2008 , 10:34 PM
Can somebody who is using the mighty mouse tell me what are his presets in the System preferences windows for each button?

Thanks

Luca
# 11 19-05-2008 , 10:37 PM
Jr.Who

Can somebody who is using the mighty mouse tell me what are his presets in the System preferences windows for each button?

Thanks

When I'm using Maya I switch my MMB to Button 3 and when I'm not using Maya I just switch it back to Dashboard.

And I always leave the LMB to Primary Button, the RMB to Secondary Button, and the side buttons to Exposé – All Windows.