Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-10-2016 , 06:54 PM

extra faces after extrusion

Hi Guys,
Hoping this is just a noobish oversight on my part. When I extrude an edge inward along the face I am creating a new and shorter face. For example if I create a cylinder and want to extrude the top edge inward to hold the top...it creates new faces along the top, so two layers of faces. Its fine if I want say to have the center open, I can just delete the full faces. But if I want to use that on the cylinders top as a holding ring then I cant erase the original faces.
I get same behaviour anytime I extrude edges on any shape inward along the original faces, double layers.
Suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Scott

# 2 07-10-2016 , 11:24 PM
Check your extrude settings. Edit Mesh, extrude then click the options box and see how many extrusions are set...

# 3 13-10-2016 , 07:36 PM
Thanks, that seems to have fixed it user added image