Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-06-2003 , 05:56 PM

Pure_Morning - Normal

Ok i'm in, i'll have to try and knock it out quickly before the start of my master's term though.... :o

My bloody scanner has stopped working again so I cant upload my sketch but I'll have something later on tonite to show. BUt basically it's gonna be a tracked vehicle with a big massive drill on the front! user added image I'm trying to think where I have seen the design (it's in a movie but i dont remember which one) so if any one can tell me what it reminds them of that would be great! user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 02-06-2003 , 07:07 PM
Good luck in this challenge.
And i don't think that i have seen that movie.

# 3 02-06-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
Was there something like that in Total Recall?

# 4 02-06-2003 , 07:22 PM
I dont think it was total recall.... hmmmmm i'm sure someone will remember.... for some reason I think it was fraggle rock but then I'm probably wrong

anyways here's my first pic:

it's actually animated aswell cause of the way I am doing it and I will post some movies of it tomorrow

IMDB
# 5 02-06-2003 , 07:23 PM
oops no pic

Attached Thumbnails

IMDB
# 6 02-06-2003 , 07:30 PM
your start...I would need some days for it...

# 7 02-06-2003 , 07:33 PM
lol thanks (wait till you see it moving aswell!!! user added image), it's pretty simple though. Just a lot of duplicating and repetitive stuff... bit boring at the moment but i'm almost done with all the duplicating user added image

IMDB
# 8 02-06-2003 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
I dont think it was total recall.... hmmmmm i'm sure someone will remember.... for some reason I think it was fraggle rock but then I'm probably wrong

amargeddon maybe?

# 9 02-06-2003 , 09:58 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Trutles mate.
I think Schredder had those things for the rapid delivery of bad guys in the series -and to escape too-

Or you could be talking about Atlantis too. They used a mole kind of machine.

# 10 02-06-2003 , 10:54 PM
turtles!! i think that's it!! it's either that or it's a warhammer 40k thing.... I really cant remember

IMDB
# 11 03-06-2003 , 12:19 AM
argghh this is doing my head in I cant get a design I am happy with for the main body of the thing!

I mite do a swift u turn and try and model this https://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...?threadid=7378 if the guy gives me the permission to do it.

Damn I wish I could draw!! user added image

IMDB
# 12 03-06-2003 , 03:10 AM
Nice start.
You said it moves? I'm just starting to learn how to rig things up, and was wondering if you could quickly explain how you rigged it, (dont worry, my challenge piece won't have treads!)

________

- Jacob
# 13 03-06-2003 , 09:40 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
argghh this is doing my head in I cant get a design I am happy with for the main body of the thing!

I mite do a swift u turn and try and model this https://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...?threadid=7378 if the guy gives me the permission to do it.

Damn I wish I could draw!! user added image

i dont think it is allowed. it is not even your idea. where does the creativity of yours comes into play?

but then, who am i to say that. i am the only one that gets bashed by the mods - they could not find a more welcome victim - i was first and others now make spider things as well. well, who said life is fair.

# 14 03-06-2003 , 10:29 AM
LOL Come on Babyduck. There´s also EagleKing. user added image
Nah, just joking.

You´re a great lad to the site, keep being so.

# 15 03-06-2003 , 04:24 PM
blinn there's no rigging involved, basically the track links move along a path (CV curve) and are offset from each other to get the link effect.

However.... this morning my hard drive with ALL my data on it decided that without warning it wanted to give up the ghost and now I cannot access any of it..... nada.... nothing .... zip.... all my mp3s are gone all my work over the past 4-5 years at uni..... and the most ironic part of this whole thing is that I did my undrgraduate essay on distaster recovery and crashing hard drives.... one day I will listen to myself....

Ps. Dont buy IBM hard drives they suck! buy western digital's they are waaaay better! all i can say is thank goodness I dont just have one HD in my comp!

user added image

Alan

IMDB