Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 28-04-2003 , 01:22 PM
i've gotta learn maya LOL :p

# 17 29-04-2003 , 06:48 AM
Awesome!

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 18 01-05-2003 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
OMG ....DEFINATELY photoreal! I was like NO WAY thats real. Then decided it wasn't. then realized you had progress pics. GOD that must have taken alot of work. Worth it though eh? Hats off, definately gallery (def with the wires tho, no one will beleive you)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 19 26-05-2003 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber
Er, um, well, er...

Jeez - words fail me!

:wow: :bgreen: :wow:

Ok - here comes the question you've been waiting for (I guess):

Just HOW did you do the texturing job? user added image Hand-painted? Photographic? He? Umpf!

Anyway - fantastic job! user added image

I for my part will now lock myself up in my room and play a little with my trusty old abbacus...

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!

Last edited by Renderizer; 26-05-2003 at 11:49 AM.
# 20 26-05-2003 , 12:23 PM
Subscriber
Er, one more question:

How does it come that what you call a diffuse map looks like a colour map to me?

There is a slightly MAXish feel to it (since in MAX the colour channel is called diffuse, but on the other hand, a real diffuse channel is nowhere to be found in MAX).

Just being curious...

Subdivide and conquer!

Last edited by Renderizer; 26-05-2003 at 12:27 PM.
# 21 26-05-2003 , 07:00 PM
Man...this is toooo cool... it looked so photorealistic... very nice work..could you share your rendering setting of mental ray and some nice and cool tips???
and Yeah this should go to GALLERY!!! 5 stars mate!

# 22 27-05-2003 , 09:32 AM
Hi Guys,
thanks for the reply,

Renderizer, here are the answers: user added image

I used to use max and I have to use in my work also user added image( (game development, so you can understand), so thats why I wrote it, I'm going to change to color map or beauty map soon.
And the texture is a kind of mixture but mainly painting, I wanted to make a quite big texture map (4K) and it is impossible to find pictures about elephants in that resolution, so I had to almost repaint the textures. Of course I used photo reference, not just because I didn't really know (that time) how all the wrinkles going on the elephant's skin, but I wanted to make very detailed, and photoreal textures. and I had to paint a lot because of I used separate "wrinkle" layers also (for texturing and composite as well)

bye

ward

Balazs 'ward' Kiss
-----------------------
www.balazskiss.com
www.3dluvr.com/ward
ward@3dluvr.com
# 23 27-05-2003 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
Hi Ward, thanks for the info. I knew there was a trace of MAX in the air... user added image

And once again: I'm deeeeply impressed - be it the modelling,the texturing or the comp: funky!

BTW: just HOW LONG did it take you to complete the model? Two incarnations or three? user added image

Ah yes, on more: do you know a good resource for animal anatomy? Have been asking before, but no one seems to know any decent anatomy resources other than those for humans (like https://www.fineart.sk, and their animal resources aren't that good).

Looking for good chimp reference images - the usual suspects, I guess... user added image

Keep up the good work, Ward - and give us some more of that kick-ass stuff!

Subdivide and conquer!

Last edited by Renderizer; 27-05-2003 at 10:19 AM.
# 24 01-06-2003 , 10:00 AM
simply photoreal ! damn :-)

:g) Charles
freemind.cz
# 25 03-06-2003 , 08:20 AM
Hi again,

Hi Renderizer, hmm, the modelling was one week probably and an other was the UV mapping and texture painting. The compositing was quite fast, but I had to wait ages for the rendered passes.

yep, to find good reference images is a difficult question. I have found some on the net, but I dont really remember the resources. Mainly I jsut downloaded the pics, and forgot the site. what I can show you is a very good texture library, www.mayang.com

Hi Freemind.cz. Thanks, that was my goal user added image

Balazs 'ward' Kiss
-----------------------
www.balazskiss.com
www.3dluvr.com/ward
ward@3dluvr.com
# 26 03-06-2003 , 08:30 AM
Subscriber
this owns! Really photo-realistic!

I hope I ever become as good as you user added image

whatever!