Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-10-2013 , 09:58 AM

Re-Using Shader Networks

Hey there,

I have mostly used C4D and 3ds Max in the past and Maya is still new to me. I am now trying to build some shader networks and re-use these for characters that I import into Maya.

My workflow is usually to Setup and Pose a character in an outside application, in this case Daz Studio, and then export the mesh in OBJ format. I set textures in Maya and get it ready for rendering. The figure is not posable without some serious rigging and thus I repose the figures in Daz Studio again, export it and do the setup again in Maya for each new pose.

With C4D and Max I could save me some tedious processes by using either a long list of material tags that I would just drag from the previous pose over to the new one and it would just put the materials where they were on the original pose. In 3ds Max you got multitextures which basically do the same thing.

Now my question : Is something like this possible in Maya too? And if so, how?