Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-05-2004 , 02:01 AM

What codec do I need?

Hi,

I tried downloading one of your Maya tutorials just to see what they are like and am having problems watching it. I only get a black screen (no picture) with sound.

I belong to the Simply Lightwave and have no problems with the videos there.

I am using the latest version of windows media player on WinXP.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thank you,
Martin

# 2 27-05-2004 , 02:10 AM
The Maya Mountain
Divx

# 3 27-05-2004 , 03:13 AM

Already have divx codec

Have the divx codec all other movies work but not the ones from simply maya. So I don't know what to think. Thanx anyway

Martin

# 4 27-05-2004 , 03:51 AM

WMV files

To clairify I downloaded a couple of videos from the free section they are WMV files. I have had problems in the past with these. If anyone has any ideas it would be helpfull.

Thank you again,
Martin

# 5 27-05-2004 , 09:47 AM
Kevin
Mac users have had some problems with these WMV movies, all the latset videos are in DiVX so should be fine.

download zoom player and try to run from them, but yes some of the old free ones do have some issues user added image

# 6 27-05-2004 , 12:33 PM

Thank you

Thank you I appreciate the help.

Martin

# 7 11-06-2004 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
Mac users have had some problems with these WMV movies, all the latset videos are in DiVX so should be fine.

download zoom player and try to run from them, but yes some of the old free ones do have some issues user added image

What about the ear modeling tutorial? I just downloaded it, and there is not sound from the WMV. Is there any chance you guy's could convert some of these to AVI, or QT? That way it would run on all platforms.

I'd like to be able to hear what's going on in this tutorial.

# 8 11-06-2004 , 07:00 AM
Kevin
some of the older tutorial problems if possible are being sorted out, I will talk with mike to see if he still had the ear tutorial in a raw format.

onlooker - grab the tscc codec (find in google) if you are on a pc then this will then play)

many thanks

# 9 11-06-2004 , 07:07 AM
Subscriber
most of the time you need to update your divX player to retrieve the right codec.. there also apps that can see what kind of a codec you need for a specific video so that you can download and install that codec from internet...

# 10 24-06-2004 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
I have a Mac right now, but I'll have a PC in a short time, but I hope it doesn't last forever. :p