Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-03-2005 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber

Combining Polygons

How can I merge/join/seam etc the highlighted verteces so that the torus and cylinder appear to be as one?

https://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00507250f00000001.jpg

This is to be the upper torso of a futuristic soldier. What I have so far is the breast plate (torus) and the neck collar (cylinder)

Apologies if this doesn't make complete sense I'm trying to do a million plus things at once.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 18-03-2005 , 11:15 PM
heya, im pretty darn new to Maya too, 2 weeks old baby. hahaha.

but i think the steps are..

1) combine the two objects together (Polygon>Combine)
2) select Vertices u want to merge, then Merge Vertices (Polygon Edit>Merge Vertices)

the Merge Edges are similiar, but u must be in wireframe mode, or have wireframe on shaded..

and if sometimes nothing works, after all the steps... check Normals (Display>Polygons>Normals). Long lines should be coming out (like Hellraiser).

If the combined object have its Normals fixed, but still can not merge... i have no idea how.... because IM STUCK ON IT NOW.