Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 29-01-2007 , 02:55 AM

need some fundermentals

it might be worth down loading one of the Kurt videos to get some fundermental skills either the cartoon dog or the human form it would help a lot give you a range of skills that would cover this and more ... apologies if i have miss-read ituser added image

"Climbing the walls of the 'Uncanny Valley"
# 32 31-01-2007 , 07:13 AM
before getting started i need to use image planes first to model according the image.. can anyone guide me along after i have used image planes
? I tried to followed the steps but to no avail.

# 33 31-01-2007 , 11:57 AM

like i said before

but they are free and they ae fantastic they dont take long to work thruand they real will answer all these questions for you

"Climbing the walls of the 'Uncanny Valley"
# 34 01-02-2007 , 06:10 PM
you should just watch the the human tutorial in the free video training section, you dont even have to follow along and everything will make worlds more sence to you, good luck with your torch,

# 35 05-02-2007 , 06:44 AM
marlon john, can help me get the steps out for the design u posted earlier? I really need helpp. I got stuck until that part...

Can anyone help me to guide me along on how to model using image planes? Which view should i uuse?

# 36 05-02-2007 , 01:09 PM
Use the front and side, poss the side only for this if you can get a decent ref pic.

I thingthat you should go over the basics of the extrude tool as its a really simple object to model (theres a free tutorial on the extrude tool here on simply maya that should get you going on what you want)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 37 06-02-2007 , 03:41 PM
can post the link to the extrude tutorial? Can anyone help me with the graphics that was posted earlier by marlon john?

# 38 06-02-2007 , 03:48 PM
Subscriber
mate, seriously, just check out the start-up basic tutorials. People will not be willing to do work for you as simple as selecting faces and extruding.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 39 06-02-2007 , 03:56 PM
Subscriber
That's right j5ive..

Trust me Allan, j5ive was being nice when he said that.

Do ALL of the tutes in this link then you'll be fine. (With the possibl exception of the first one - Character design) If not, you're not thinking hard enough.

Simply Maya FREE tutes

S.