Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-11-2007 , 12:57 PM

The best way for creating lava lamp?

Hi all,
i tried to create a lava lamp using blobby particles and applied some gravity, turbulance and uniform fields to it but doesn't look like the real lava lamp should be. The most difference is that the blobby doesn't appear gooey enough to match the real one. I've palying with the radius and treshold settings but still can't get what i want.
So i was hoping if any of you had a good experience on creating the lava lamp in 3d can kindly share me the tricks and tips..maybe there's other solution for that?
Thanks before.

Attached Images
# 2 07-11-2007 , 05:32 PM
Hmm, fluids might work if you have unlimited??

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 07-11-2007 , 05:43 PM
Hmm..if i use fluid how do i control the shape so that it can looks like blobs? Bcos as far as i know..there's no way to define fluid in a container to form a certain shape rite? Or am i wrong?

# 4 07-11-2007 , 05:56 PM
You can use an object to emit the fluid.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 08-11-2007 , 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info..i'm trying rite now and it seems like will work better than blobby particle..