Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-08-2010 , 10:25 AM
The thin red line

Visor hiden gems

Hi all
I just came across this tutorial(link below) that showed what was hiden in the VISOR libery. Well in the there is a animated explosion just how I wanted it to be for my animation. Straight away I saw some things that I had done wrong in the explosion I create. Is it wrong to uses these presets as it will save me about 3 to 4 days, so long as I tell when I use a visor preset............dave

https://vimeo.com/5429867

# 2 04-08-2010 , 12:51 PM
Yup the Visor and the built in bits are great and well worth looking at for hair, ncloth, particles and fluids. For a starter to have a look and modify or just lean the areas, thats hiw I learnt fluids/

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 04-08-2010 , 03:17 PM
The thin red line
Hi gster123
Could you have a look at the one I have its called "blast". Im trying to understand its construction. Looks like it has key frames driven by a curve. Not shore where to look for the curves..........dave

Edit:if you know of a tutorial that does this type of key framing

Last edited by daverave; 04-08-2010 at 05:26 PM.
# 4 04-08-2010 , 06:42 PM
Hi Dave.

They are just simple keys.

If you want to look a them select conteiner and open the graph editor, selecting the properties and pressing "f" will frame them you can selet them and move etc and view the values.

If you want to get more into fluids and explosions then I would start on density driven explosions then move onto fuel and temp driven ones.

I teach fluids for pyrotechnics as a section.

Cheers

Steve

# 5 04-08-2010 , 06:53 PM
The thin red line
Thanks Steve
I will look into what you have suggested, newish to animating..............dave

# 6 04-08-2010 , 08:56 PM
Just doing some tests with fluids at the moment for dense smoke. If you get stuck give me a PM or e-mail