Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 136 26-06-2012 , 02:32 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice model dj, I wouldnt give it the usual Steak and Kidney street mate (waiting for the bite...its coming LOL). Give it a nice easy beach carpark secene with a board or 2! like a nice clean place man (like Perth bahahaha).

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 137 26-06-2012 , 03:03 PM
Lifetime Member
been watching this thread and your progress for a while, excellent work on the van
used to own one a lifetime ago, and seeing this brought back some excellent memories user added image

agree with bullet, I'd put it in a beach scene with a couple long boards as props

quick question ...... did you make the leather texture on the seats yourself or find it somewhere? I've been looking for a texture like that haven't found any I liked, yours are exactly what I've been seeking.

will be watching for updates user added image

I'm not lazy, I'm just resting before I get tired
# 138 26-06-2012 , 04:57 PM
Acid44
There are a fair few cardboard textures out there which look really decent as a bump map for leather, odd as it may seem

@DJ - the van looks great man, I like the idea of a dirty back street scene better than Ant's Aussie fantasy user added image

# 139 30-06-2012 , 06:43 PM
The texture is a mixture between a tile-able leather bump stipple and wrinkled paper (cardboard), the paper is put into areas where the seat would be more worn or saggy.

I would like to do both type settings, beach side holiday and dirty urban utility. I need to bust out of the car stuff now and get into environments and textures. Could take a while so don't expect anything soon. But thanks for all the help and suggestions you guys.