Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-07-2004 , 06:23 PM

Dragon

hi guys!
I have obviously modeled the body (very rough,no detail,not done yet)and will add wings now...if im fast enough i could enter the current challenge....but i need more then one figure i think.

thx a lot........

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-07-2004 , 06:27 PM
the smoothed body:

any tipps for details ? would be very happy....my dragon looks so neckid lol.......and thin....need to tweak that....

so plz tips for details!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 05-07-2004 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber
hey dragon - looking really good matey.

If you wanna thicken parts up - select the verts of the area and apply a lattice deformer - then just scale the lattice points up or move them around to suit.

Think you need to thicken the belly(stomach) area of the dragon

really like the claws!!!

cheers

Rich
# 4 05-07-2004 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
find as much refs as u can from google then work on the proportions before you begin to add finer details.

# 5 06-07-2004 , 03:00 PM
I would start by increasing the size on the tale...to counterbalance that long steve-lowish neck. It looks like a good start.

# 6 06-07-2004 , 07:33 PM
i smoothed the dragon and put it onto a plane....c&c plz!!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 06-07-2004 , 07:36 PM
and here is the unsmoothed version....

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 06-07-2004 , 07:38 PM
i will generally create the dragon more fat especially the neck and where it begins...then i will add the wings.....c&c plz

# 9 06-07-2004 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
hmm putting him on a plane doesn't do the job! show us some real updates...you have enough c & c now to do some updating I think.... Like you are saying...the dragon needs to start eating and doing some pushups..

btw...what's that weird looking think between his backlegs ?
hope to see some good update...

greEtZ

RanSicK

# 10 07-07-2004 , 12:34 PM
Subscriber
I like the first two images, they remind me of chinese dragons, just the proportions need some work, delete the hip bone thingy between its legs, and try and keep him lean and slender.

dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 11 07-07-2004 , 03:52 PM
The bone was refering to the dinosaur bone....google on the net for dinosaur and look between the legs ( user added image ) and then u ll understand...but okay ill delete it....and i will make the legs more smoothed on the body and less so wrong positioned....

# 12 07-07-2004 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
well, u need to finalize al modeling b4 u can rig. this model is not complete.
Martin, u always ask for C&C but u never take the advice! user added image work on the proportion, add some finer details add some wings, then UV him and texture, then rig him

# 13 08-07-2004 , 12:49 AM
Not bad so far, but I do have a little advice for you. First off, the first dragon you posted was more slankish and it made it appear more lizard-like. I could have imagined it crawling on all fours than standing up! user added image Kind of reminds me of the body of the dragons I drew in Photoshop once...the second one's stature resembles more of that of a dinosaur. If you want to go with more of the erect look (as you tried in the second group of postings), maybe try thickening the legs...it all just depends on what kind of look you are going for. Maybe I'll post an image of the dragon I did in Photoshop to get you an idea of what I mean.

Attached Images

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)

Last edited by CGPMaya84; 08-07-2004 at 02:24 AM.
# 14 08-07-2004 , 12:32 PM
i want to achieve a body shown in your image.It shall look very similar....just a bit longer....i wanted more an elegant dragon who bends slowlywhen it turns to the right or so.......image posts will follow in ca. 1.5h ...

# 15 08-07-2004 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ransick
btw...what's that weird looking think between his backlegs ?
hope to see some good update...

I. C. Weiner :p

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"