Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-11-2002 , 05:23 AM

compress timeline

Hi,

Is there a way to make compress my timline in half and have all the keyframes automaticaly go to 50% of what they where.

so my movie will play all the same, just twice as fast

thanks!

Thanks,
Ari
# 2 14-11-2002 , 03:12 PM
I am not sure if you can actually play it twice as fast.....other than the timeline you started with......but try this.....

go to animation preferences......little button next to the little key bottom right hand corner of your screen......and change the playback speed to twice (48fps)....save your changes and see if that helps.......I cannot see if this works because I have no animations to test it on user added image

Let me know user added image

# 3 14-11-2002 , 04:12 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm not sure about having it do so automatically, but if you select all, all of your keys will appear in the timeline. Click at the beginning and drag selecting all of your keys. At the beginning, middle, and end of your key selection are arrows that you can use to compress your keys. However, it's not automatic, so you'd have to eye it to get it to 50%. Using the Graph Editor would help, probably.

# 4 17-11-2002 , 09:22 AM
Subscriber
ya, the timeslider should work