Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-12-2006 , 10:58 PM

wierd problems with playback- Need help

I'm working on an animation of a bird holding some stuff, and what happens is when the frames go by, some of the pieces in the picture are not moving properly with the rest of the body. The body was keyframed as a group, but then some pieces were modified and don't follow the movement of the rest of the group. What could be the problem?
P.S. Sorry about the small image, but the image size had to be really small

Attached Images
File Type: jpg frame1_11lowquality.jpg (127.1 KB, 156 views)
# 2 05-12-2006 , 11:06 PM
can't see an image at all, but my guess would be that if you had a group and keyed that and then also keyed/changed parts of that group you'd end up getting double transformations... so like one part would be moving twice as fast as the rest or rotating as well, etc.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 05-12-2006 , 11:11 PM
that sounds plausible... what would be the easiest remedy for that?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg frame1_11lowquality.jpg (127.1 KB, 146 views)
# 4 06-12-2006 , 12:40 AM
pretty sure you'd have to go back and re-do the animation...

ungroup, and don't group again. (not while keyframing, anyway)

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 15-01-2007 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
i would like to help you out though i cannot see any pictures at all. it is covered by them x pictures which means an error or something.

# 6 12-02-2007 , 11:52 PM
try reposting your images to imageshack or something. they have a larger file limit although you should probibly resize your images or crop them down to a more forum friendly size.

even if you have about 10 pictures to post they shouldnt be any bigger than about 300kb for the total of all the pictures. its not only good for the speed of the forum but its a good rule of thumb for archiving things for the web.