Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-04-2007 , 08:56 AM

Help with MR issue

I'm having a issue with Mental Ray.
I have modeled a character. It is a subd model, and has a SSS shader attached to it. (and of course some clothes too).
However, the thing is that when i render I get this error saying out of memory several times before i get a fatal error.

I have really tried as best as I can the find a way around the problem, but I can't get it to render.

I wonder if there are some really nice people her who can check my Maya file and report back what i should do.
If someone can help me with this, I'll pm you a link to where the file can be downloaded.

I would be very great full!
Thank you in advance.

# 2 15-04-2007 , 09:03 AM
well first of all mental and subdivs dont work properly together but your issue is that you are rendering in the render window, the best thing to do it batch render your file.

# 3 15-04-2007 , 10:17 PM
So the solution to memory and fatal error problems with Mental Ray is batch rendering?
I am pritty sure someone had this kind of problem before. What settings should i adjust?

I have a close deadline :/