Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-06-2004 , 01:32 PM

Proper HSV adjustment?

I wish there was proper HSV adjustment sliders built in in the texture nodes. Color gain/offset or color remapping aren't too practical imho. Is there a plugin for this?

For now I created my own (pretty messy) shader network to achieve the this. I added Hue (-180...180), Sat (0...2) and Val (0...2) custom attributes to the file texture node and connected them like in the picture below. The system works but I got like 30+ shaders I'd like to add this network to. I could write a mel script to do it all but before I start coding I wanted to know if there's an easier way...

Attached Thumbnails

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 2 23-06-2004 , 09:00 PM
Note: expression would work if i used maya software but that's not the case. MR doesn't seem to like expressions in the shading network user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 23-02-2011 , 12:34 PM
Hi kbrown,

I realise that this is a reply to a post you left 7 years ago but it might be very helpful to me now!

I am trying to do exactly what you seemed to have done which is to make 3 sliders to control the HSV adjustment. However I don't understand how you did it and can't figure it out from the image you posted (https://simplymaya.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1087997570). I was wondering if you could explain how you did it please? Maybe you have the file still or can remember what the connections are or the logic? Anything really would be a massive help!

Cheers,

Sim