Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-04-2003 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber

WIP - Character and Scene

well it has been ageeessss since I last posted some work so I thought id give it a bash and take sum punishment over it...rather than dishing it out all the time hehe (see I can take as good as I give lol)

Its for an animation im doing at uni

first pic is of the head of the ( as of yet nameless) character I have developed. This is about the fifth character ive modelled and at last im happy that it goes along and fits in with my idea of things...

Im working on the textures at the mo so I'll hopefully post updates soon. Actually Im having trouble with the UV snapshot if anyone can help me out - only seems to be processing half of the UV image...hmmm

# 2 15-04-2003 , 12:34 PM
Subscriber
front wireframe...

# 3 15-04-2003 , 12:36 PM
Subscriber
profile...

# 4 15-04-2003 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber
profile wireframe...

# 5 15-04-2003 , 12:41 PM
Subscriber
and now the scene...the lighting is way off at the mo...and the textures are not final....heck i havent even finished modelling it lol

# 6 15-04-2003 , 12:44 PM
Subscriber
one more for now...oh and uve probably noticed there arent any walls...well there is a reason for that...I just haven't found out what that reason is yet user added image

very dodgy lighting here...it will change

c & c's pleeeeeeaaase!!!

thank you

# 7 15-04-2003 , 02:12 PM
Cool!

GIJoe? Nice softness!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 8 15-04-2003 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
yup GI_Joe...MR takes too long for my liking...I dunno if i will stick with it tho...its posing several other problems...think i might have to go with my own setup - well if I have the time

# 9 15-04-2003 , 08:59 PM
Looks very nice !.. but whats up with the hard edge around the mouth ?

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 10 16-04-2003 , 08:36 AM
Subscriber
thanks...as for that hard edge, it is supposed to be the crease you get in the mouth when ur lips arent relaxed. Granted its a bit too sharp. Consider it amended!! user added image

Updates a little later on user added image

# 11 16-04-2003 , 08:19 PM
Subscriber
I think it looks AWESOME dude! Only thing i don't like is the lampshade. You could make it a little transluscent to show the light from the lamp. Its Way too opaque.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 12 17-04-2003 , 02:28 AM
the problem with the mouth as said before... all really... the floor looks a little off too

# 13 20-04-2003 , 02:18 AM
SM Alumni
nice going alex - been on the lookout for some of your work user added image user added image
btw I thought the tecturing and lighting looked fine..

which uni are you at? ravensbourne?

# 14 20-04-2003 , 11:01 AM
Subscriber
Im studying Multimedia Design at De Montfort university in Leicester. Its a struggle here really. Its pretty disorganised at present but I guess they are going some way to turning it around - although its too little too late for me. I used to be at university up in Newcastle (at Northumbria Uni) which was fantastic, but I was doing a BSc as opposed to a BA. After 2 yrs of that I decided I really needed to change so I did. Unfortunately, there werent many options for me and I had to take De Montfort almost as a last resort. I much preferred to stay up in Newcastle as I could have done, its just that time was running out and De Montfort offered me a place in the 2nd yr of this course before Northumbria - although they eventually did - when it was too late sadly user added image

Thanks for the comments btw...I'll try and post updates later...had to stop working on it because of "other" untimely interventions lol

# 15 30-04-2003 , 10:41 PM
Kevin
nice work alex... head has a good shape to it...

nice mate! keep goig mate user added image