Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 28-03-2005 , 07:16 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
mhcannon

Thanks man, well maybe I'll do a character with that style nose next time, just for you...lol

Take it easy dude

_J

# 32 29-03-2005 , 08:38 PM
Word Jango,

CPS is just a glorified interface for converting Poly's/SubD's back and forth. I am also interested in your post-modeling workflow, as in texturing/preparation for animation. Thanks, if you don't mind user added image

# 33 30-03-2005 , 07:00 AM
Co0KiEmAn

Thanx man. Check your PM as I have mailed you some details.

Kind Regards
_J

# 34 14-04-2005 , 06:55 PM
Hey guys

It feels like its been ages since I updated this, but I got collared by the wife on my time off over the last couple of weeks to do the damn decorating!! Hallway,Stairs,landing and my little girls room!!

So you can imagine no Maya as Ive been too tired but now.....

Enjoy the update

Regards
_J

Attached Thumbnails
# 35 14-04-2005 , 11:01 PM
Nice Jango... dod you model all those wrinkles by hand? Looks pretty complicated, how do you learn that?

# 36 15-04-2005 , 12:13 AM
Subscriber
looks very good. and the body really harminises with it well and fits him good. nice stuff. . very.

# 37 15-04-2005 , 07:31 AM
Hey Guys
Thanks.

DJ, yeah they are modelled creases, but its not hard to do, you just pull the vertices around as you would with any other model and change the edge flow here and there, and if necessary cut some more in. Its really simple you cant go wrong.

As I dont use Unlimited, I dont have cloth or even the syflex plugin, so Im just trying to achieve some generic creases for a bit of extra hyper realism.

I'll post a base level image t'nite for you.

Cheers
_J

# 38 15-04-2005 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
Looking great! interesting choice of colors for the clothes.

Maya is great fun, but so are the wife and kids. Glad you got to spend some time with both over the week. Looking forward to you updates on Outlaws.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 39 15-04-2005 , 08:49 PM
Hey mhcannon

Well the colors are just place holders before texturing, but when you say 'interesting', what colors would you say are alienish. Im trying to keep that good guy/bad guy thing with colors, ya know good guys in light/not too dark/neutral and the bad dudes in run down darker clothes, but as this guy is for a dark scene I need the colors a little brighter for contrast. Also I dont want anything too 'loud' or it kind of veers off reality, I want something people will relate to but with a bit of a twist on it or it wont work. NO BUCK ROGERS cleanliness here thank you LOL

DJ- A screen grab for you of the poly layout

Regards
Jango

Attached Thumbnails
# 40 17-04-2005 , 08:17 PM
Hey Guys
On the home straight now with this model, just working the hand and arm. Then its onto the next guy.

In case some of you dont frequent my site, I've changed my work flow right now in order to get things done a bit quicker. I'm doing a few models in one go, then will texture them all then rig them all instead of model, texture, rig,model, texture, rig,model, texture, rig.....blah blah. Ive found this way alot easier and also it keeps the quality of the models closer so theres not a huge gap and the quality is better each time, they'll hopefully be of the same standard instead of different levels. Does that make sense?

Enjoy the image
_J

Attached Thumbnails
# 41 17-04-2005 , 09:17 PM
Getting nicer and nicer jay user added image, awaiting more updates user added image

# 42 17-04-2005 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
Man he is really looking good!!

Looks like he's going to have real character.

Cheers
Paul

# 43 17-04-2005 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
sounds like a good work flow for the size of project.

Just noticed something I think there might be to much fat hanging over the belt on his back side.

# 44 18-04-2005 , 07:30 AM
Hey Guys thanks

Pony, Yeah, I agree, good spot!! I may make it bigger, slightly higher up though, so the balance is better. I

Will post later on after the hand is done

Regards dudes

_J

# 45 18-04-2005 , 10:03 AM
Howdy Jango!

Heya Jay, how have you been? I hope all is well user added image Very nice character indeed, He is looking awesome, looking forward to seeing this one through. user added image Take care Jay user added image

MainlineX user added image

-------------------------------------------