Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-01-2006 , 09:16 AM

Any Suggestions

Hi,

I am new to the forum and to the software. I've been reading through alot of the threads and they are great with some amazing work in the gallery.

I have only had Maya 7 for about a week and have never used this software before, I've used poser and created some small animation in flash but nothing complex. Do you have any suggestions for good books or training media that is worth investing in that could help me get started.

# 2 09-01-2006 , 04:30 PM
Simply Maya OG
A good way to get started is to download the free tutorials on the site. They are good starting points. They cover most of the basic stuff you need. Also, if you have the money, you can buy points, and view the more complex tutorials, all which are very good. But yea...the only way to get started is to just try stuff out on your own (I tought myself Maya for 6 months before I found this site, and the Help docs help out alot too), or search for some tutorials around the web. Good Luck, and welcome to Simply Maya! user added image

- Hybrid
# 3 09-01-2006 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber
Learning Maya

That's a really good site with lots of tutorials!

user added image

# 4 09-01-2006 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by kablink
Learning Maya

That's a really good site with lots of tutorials!

user added image

yeah but a lot of the links are starting to be broken again. :headbang: I have already found at least 5 broken links and the site was just redesigned back in the fall of 2005. These broken links seems like they are mostly from Highend3D which also revamped their site, and I can't find nothing interesting in there anymore either.

# 5 10-01-2006 , 11:26 AM
Subscriber
yeah, but there is still a lot of good tutorials!

user added image