Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-07-2007 , 11:03 AM

Very Big Problem

Has anyone had files just disappear off their hardrive? I was workin on a skyscraper in Maya, and I as progressed I saved it three seperate times (building1.ma, building2.ma, buildign3.ma, etc). I closed Maya and go to the folder and all three files are gone! I searched my entire HD and nothing. Why? I use diskepper and my HD is in pretty good shape I would think, what can cause this?

www.ahearnart.com
aim: kaltnue303

JOIN THE 3D USERS MYSPACE GROUP:
https://groups.myspace.com/3DNERDS
# 2 03-07-2007 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
I have had that happen but only when my computer was reset to an earlier date for some reason. for example when using system restore, it will erase new files that you created. The way I fixed it is restore again to a time when I new that files were actually there. you might want to try that.