Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-05-2008 , 08:45 AM

Reducing the amount of frames for a animation

Hi

Is it possible to reduce the amount of frames for a animation made by dynamics? Right now i got about twice amount of frames needed for the animation.

Sadly I cant use "by frame" as it doesnt name them in order so my vidio program doesnt pick the chain up then.

Thanks in advance. user added image

# 2 16-05-2008 , 10:03 AM

Re: Reducing the amount of frames for a animation

think you can set an initial state for them so it starts when you want not form the start of the simulation.

also you can bake them and move the lot.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 18-05-2008 , 05:50 AM
Yeah setting the inital state is a great tool but it isnt really what I'm looking for. And if you can only move using the bake tool then Its no use either.

What I'm looking for is a way to take the cache(memory or whatever its called) of the dynamics and for example cut the frames it takes by half.

Right now I just render out to many frames and cut out half of it when I put it together.

Thanks for a answer tho, and I will look into bake as it seem like something I should know. user added image