Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-10-2008 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber

IMPORTING IGES

Hi there

I'm importing IGES files (new to this), and the files come in way, way off the stage and its a nightmare trying to re-position them at 'default home'. Any help or correspondence much appreciated. Its probably quite simple but i'm absolutely stumped.

# 2 15-10-2008 , 03:16 PM
IGES files are never simple to import. most times it´s just one big mess. keep in mind that IGES is a (nurbs) curves format. so try to not convert it to poly while importing. import everything as nurbs if possible. this may reduce the chaos.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 19-10-2008 , 12:33 PM
Subscriber
https://www.thedigitalfeed.co.uk/grap...-nurbs-to-maya

here's a guide on how to convert between rhino and maya using iges. I found it quite usefull when I had to do it. I remember the iges files coming into maya really big as well. If I remember correctly you had to set their scale to .1 or .01 and they would fit in the scene nicely.

hope it helps

www.animateme.me.uk
# 4 19-10-2008 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
Thanks - i get that far, then positioning it onto the main stage so i can lay a ground plane does my head in. I can't work out the coordinates as the IGES files come in at XYZ 0.

Thanks