Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-03-2003 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber

March Challenge - )v( - Normal

Alright, im not entirely sure what i am going to model for this month, but it is probably going to be something like a futuristic tank, or.... well actually its most likely going to be just a hardcore killing robot! Not a geeky robot though, a really really cool one user added image. This will be a full monthy project, so we shall see what happens... I cant win anyways though, so its just for fun. I will try to get some sketches by later tonight (its 9 am here).

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 01-03-2003 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I am working on the drawing right now and i thought i would post this. I am thinking of different things to do for the arms and legs, but im a bit puzzled user added image. Well, it will come with time C+C welcome user added image.

# 3 01-03-2003 , 08:53 PM
Good start mate . reminds me of gyver

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 01-03-2003 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
Looks like its going to have a "scale" hide look to it. See you around M!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 5 01-03-2003 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
Im thinking of a cool "unknown" metal for the top of his head (the spikey part), and for the chest part... and then certain other parts on his body will have the same shader. The gems in his forehead and in chest, will have some cool look to them i think user added image. Just trying to think of a good design for the end, I am thinking, superiorly long arms, (freakishly long).. so that they almost touch the ground, and normal legs. Then arms wont be thick, but the hands will be big. What do you think? Would it suit this model? Thanks.

# 6 01-03-2003 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
Looks like this is going to be a good comp.

# 7 02-03-2003 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
Alright, finally i have found a design i like user added image. Now this is the final drawing and i will get started on the model shortly. I will be working on this and the goku model hopefully. This may not be done by the end of the month, but i am going to try. The legs of course as i can tell now are a bit too short, i will model him off the refrence at that height.. and then after i will tweak him to the proper height that i like. As for his right leg (from your view, the left leg), it is pretty weird on the drawing because he wont be able to turn it that much.. it is just for a side view, to show the depth of it and whatnot. Theres going to be big holes in the bottom of his feet with jets in them most likely user added image. The hands will be really cool once they are done, i dont know yet so i will draw them later.

# 8 03-03-2003 , 12:22 AM
Subscriber
Ok, this is the last drawing im posting... i wasnt thinking before but what i did was stretched the image up, and i got the result i wanted. This is going to be my refrence.. its close to the general shape of the human body.. which is what i want user added image. But his legs will be a bit thicker... or the bottom part will be squished a bit, it will be just a tweaking process user added image.

Last edited by M; 03-03-2003 at 12:49 AM.
# 9 04-03-2003 , 05:22 AM
I love the design with big feet! Hope you stick to it. Can't wait to see an update!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 10 04-03-2003 , 05:45 AM
Subscriber
I like this design...It does have a partway crustacean look to it.

Keep it up!

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 11 05-03-2003 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
Hey, thanks hidalgo.. do you mean like a underwater guy? Because that was kinda the look i wanted to go for.. you will see when its done though user added image. Ok, other than that, I have a big problem.. seeing that i can add a GI_Joe mel script to all of my models... except this one. Does anyone know why? when i open the script editor it says, Error: No object matches name: //

BUT, on all my other models and projects, it works fine user added image. Does anyone know what my problem is? Thanks user added image.

# 12 05-03-2003 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
*Sigh*... It was something totally messed up with the file.. so I exported the selection i needed into a new file and that worked fine user added image. Anyways, this isnt much.. but im not a fast modeller user added image. I will be tweaking this a lot and putting in more detail... should take me the whole month, if not longer user added image. Ok, cya.

# 13 06-03-2003 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
Alright, i have been tweaking the crown a bit and trying to get a better overall look to it user added image. Its hard for me to get too much done per day, due to other factors. Hopefully over the weekend i should have ALOT more modelled user added image. Ok, cya.

# 14 06-03-2003 , 01:47 AM
Kevin
looks like the drawing so good going mr M

# 15 07-03-2003 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
Ok, i have added a head to the back of that crown, and then made a kinda mask that attatches to the back of the head, and wraps around the mouth. Tell me what you think, or any tips user added image. Thanks.

BTW, brian... your going DOWN!!.. lol. hehehe.

Last edited by M; 07-03-2003 at 02:07 AM.