Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-07-2003 , 05:07 PM

what are these boxes?

after creating the IK handles for my spider these boxes appeared around the little guy. I cant seem to figure out a way of getting rid of them! user added image can anyone tell me what they are and how to get rid of them please?

Alan

Attached Thumbnails

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 04-07-2003 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber
they appear around ik handles. dont know why - get rid of them if you hide the ik handle - and before hiding parent it to a dummy object, and the boxes are gone.

# 3 04-07-2003 , 05:24 PM
when you say dummy object what do you mean? a null?

cheers for the quick reply
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 04-07-2003 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber
aehm, anything, a locator, or if you like a little better shaped object, make a triangle. (triangle is a nurbs circle with 1 section and degree 1).

# 5 04-07-2003 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
cheers for the quick reply
Alan

i did not look when you posted it - it was just there then i looked. and as it had 0 replys it is highest prority while i look for posts here user added image

actually i just hang out here to see if someone has an idea for my other problem walk on the rope :p