Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-06-2005 , 06:22 AM

Where do I go from here?

The pic of my target shape is on the left, the human model isn't mine. I just grabbed it in order to have something to work off of.

I'm just working on getting him dressed up but this guy's coat is driving me insane. Maya cloth worked well for the pants, but everytime I try it for the coat it just shrinks and shrinks like it's spandex, that and I know I'll never get the cuffs of his sleeve done w/ the cloth simulator. So, after realizing that, I figured I had to model the coat. Only problem is, I've never modeled clothing before and don't really know where to begin/end. I've got some of the basic lines of his suit as curves...but am unsure as where to go from here.

Attached Images

Tzeentch