Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 13-10-2005 , 12:06 AM

Ferrari Demo

where can i view a demo of the ferrari tutorial DVD? I cant see spending $80 without seeing one.

Thanks

P.S. Also I was reading another post about how things should be free. I dont thing they should all just be free, but you should release some more samples for free. Kind like how Digital tutors does. that way you still become popular and make money. just a thought.

# 2 13-10-2005 , 12:28 AM
Subscriber
They do have free tutorial here. Have a look under videos and free.

Cheers
Paul

# 3 13-10-2005 , 12:31 AM
oh, ok. thanks. well if anyone can help out on the demo of the ferrari video. just one vid. say for 10 seconds. just wanna hear the audio, see the video quality.

Thanks so much
OP

# 4 13-10-2005 , 11:29 AM
SM Tea Boy
I agree we should have samples available so I'm uploading some now user added image

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 13-10-2005 , 12:02 PM
hey thanks. will any of them be of the ferrari tutorial? thats the one i'm really interested.

thanks again

# 6 13-10-2005 , 12:12 PM
Subscriber
I was going to add a quick minute demo up just now but it seems David is already handling it so I will will leave him to ituser added image

# 7 13-10-2005 , 01:40 PM
hmm, i see the first part is available, but thats just complete maya scene file. no video. will this be under free tutorials or under the ferrari demo? just curious.

# 8 13-10-2005 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
give me a couple of mins and I will get a short demo video together

# 9 13-10-2005 , 01:55 PM
Subscriber
Ok I threw together a 1 min preview of the first steps to building the side mirror

Warning this as far as I know is not the quality SimplyMaya has used for the final thing I used a low setting to cut down on file size so do not take this as an exact copy that SM has for sale

---EDIT DAVE---

EXACT quaility one can now be found in the DVD section or in this thread

# 10 13-10-2005 , 02:01 PM
well thanks for trying. I would hope the quality is better from the DVD.

say, you used Turtle Render on it? how'd you like it over Mental Ray?

# 11 13-10-2005 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
the quality is much better on the DVDs the quality of the downloads is less than the dvds but i would still think they were better than the quality of that

I used to use turtle to get quick previews that would be similar to Mental Rays output, then I started finding errors and the overall look of the image was slightly lower qaulity than you would get with Mental Ray, The final images that you see in the ferrari video areas are turtle renders but only because of a problem I was having with the light geomertry. Personally I would now go with Mental Ray everytime

# 12 13-10-2005 , 02:54 PM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"