Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-03-2006 , 10:32 AM
Subscriber

maya/live footage?????

I think I put my foot in it and now I'm involved with making a student movie which will involve an environ and live footage. I imagine tracking, which I have no knowledge about at all except I did it a couple of times in after effects as a look. I have Vue 3 which I got off a mag today.
Put it this way, I have no idea how to put people in a 'magical frosty ' environment.

how does this sort of thing work with maya?

any ideas?? at least there about 8 months to do it.

desperateuser added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 19-03-2006 , 12:09 PM
Ill help you out if youd like..

Just tell me what you need.

user added image

# 3 19-03-2006 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber
thanks very much, i just woke up snd the keyboard is a bit of a blur. I clicked on the link below your post and the work, which is your's, yes? Was great. I ended up on a page about real and fake albino squirrels?? I just clicked on 'previous'; at this time of te day I was pretty suprised and amazed, some one has an interesing sense of humour and sensitivity?

anyway. that might not be you and you might be wondering what I'm on about.

Starting to wake up, vettter make more coffee... walking to cooffee percolator...

while i wait for the doffee with baited breathe, I appreciate your help infinitely and noticed your in sydney and so we speak the same language 'ow'zitgoin'??

waling bak to coffee peculator..,

back and at it, the caffeine is kicking in...

what do i need? Good question, I think it was you who suggested the neutral character, anyway, I'm not sure yet. I don't have a real brief except for the pitch and she seemed fairly happy to have me on deck, considering she was the only other mature age student in the room I'll be surprised if i don't hear back. The rest are old enough to be somewhere between my children and my grand children and have friends they hang with which is normal, i don't really know many of them (I do know all of them but they may as well be on another planet). They probably think I'm some sort of Hippy dinosaur.

i got Vue 3 off a mag and ditched world builder in 2 seconds flat. Vue is so much more user friendly and one certainty can not complain about the quality of picture.

I noticed you have a big pond address if that was your site before but I guess it would be better here in case someone else has volunteered (not quite the right ter considering it is 20% of my grade, this project) themselves to do something they know little of, anyway, I figure it's the only way to learn.

it's great tto have someone help and at the moment all I can think of is how does one combine scenes from the two apps. You seem to have achieved a seamless product no paper cut out effect and stuff like that. They don't teach CG at my uni, I have done it at home and it gets confusing, so many projects to do and none get done (well some do occasionally) and I always feel it best to be doing the most basic of tuts but want to blowup cities, have dog fights in space (well that's easy enouh) or do underwater scenes or things beyond my scope , like this project, though I'm confident I can pull it off and if you will help I'm more confident (how confident is confident??)

anyway, sorry to babble on but that's what I'm best at this time of the daily cycle.

I'll get back when I'm more coherent. It is enough to say thanks and she wants two worlds, one real in a hospital and one fantasy land, I'm sure you know where this is going...

oh yea, I have after effects and camerra also if they help, camerra isn't on the computer though, I just have it lying around and haven't put it on yet.

I gotta get to scrip writting in an hour...user added image

Last edited by mirek03; 19-03-2006 at 10:43 PM.
# 4 19-03-2006 , 10:43 PM
user added image

lol, I cant say the squirrels are mine haha funny. Where Bouts in Aus u from? And yes that is my site its soon to be moved to
www.artificialdesign.net

Anyways mate im happy to help with anything, so just let me know.

user added image

# 5 19-03-2006 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
I'm still here, 20 minutes to get to uni, no pants on still drinking the coffee i made last time i wrote to yu; Adeliade my friend, the biggest counry town in australia or the smallest city, lol.

thanks mate.

# 6 20-03-2006 , 05:08 AM
Subscriber
I'm thinking, if we run through a scenario together, something simple (very) like making a scene in VUE, and a pot plant what ever, plant, talking tree?? and hen I'll get some footage of a couple of people talking and put them all together in after effects or where ever you suggest if you want to help me through this, it goes without saying I don't want you taking up too much of your won time with this so if you give me the basics or as much as you want) I'll do it and run it by you with a few questions here and there.

shall I go ahead and make a scene or, actually I'll wait for your reply because you might suggest an animated scene from VUE and at the moment, having it only one day and just getting back from uni i haven't had a big chance to check it out but I will have a look at it tonight.user added image

Imean it may be better to forma in jpeg..? just an example of what may be needed that I know little of, I do know how to format but I think you know what i mean. user added image user added image

arigato, tiru makasi, shea shea, m goi and thank you.

# 7 20-03-2006 , 07:17 AM
lol

Just tell me what type of scene you are doing and what landscape you need, and also whats happening in the scene.

user added image

# 8 20-03-2006 , 08:29 AM
Subscriber
I don't have a real brief yet so I'll make something up to work with...

give me a sec.., or a day

thanks mate

# 9 20-03-2006 , 08:30 AM
# 10 22-03-2006 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber
just want to thank those who have e-mailed me.

gster and concordawneduser added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

# 11 23-03-2006 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber
concorddawned my friend, are you getting my e-mails. gster is helping me put maya into footage I'm preying you will help with footage into maya.

hope to hear from you.

# 12 23-03-2006 , 05:17 AM
Mirek

Check your email Mate

user added image