Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-11-2002 , 08:08 PM
Subscriber

Shader Library

Hi

My question is - after I Install it , I have to create a tab for the shader library, but Do I miss anything or must I import each and every shader into a project ?

This seems tobe pretty silly if so (!)

NIR (not nirsul , PLEASE!)

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 2 16-11-2002 , 09:00 PM
oh, spelled your name wrong the last time, sorry 'bout that Nir.

You don't have to import each and every shader manually; the tab and swatches should appear automatically. If they don't, try the "revert to default tabs" entry in Hypershades tabs menu.

cheers,

philip

# 3 16-11-2002 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber
yes if you want to use 100 different shaders in a file, you need to import all 100 maya files. you can instead of clicking import, mmb-drag them from shader lib to material section (multiple at once if you like).

# 4 17-11-2002 , 11:44 AM
Subscriber
and the next time you go wrong just click the edit buttom bottom right of your post.. user added image