Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 01-10-2006 , 04:20 PM
Subscriber
okay mate ..sorry just got in and well i did it on maya 8 ...got one error about something not being supported in next release but it worked ..something about texture ....

here is the file ..

also if you dont believe me i can record the screen and how it looks

Attached Files
File Type: mb apachemaya8.mb (54.3 KB, 232 views)
# 17 01-10-2006 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber
i would install the newest drivers for your video card and then maybe motherboard drivers ....

# 18 01-10-2006 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber
i'd be tempted to try a tut a little less complicated and put that one away until later.

put it downd to experiance, i think you would have to be very good to do that tut.

i took one look and decided to wait until i have a spare year.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 19 02-10-2006 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber
lol ...well mirek ..you waited on a tut a whole year ....

10 bucks say you will do it sooner lmao

# 20 02-10-2006 , 05:18 AM
thanks for the help, but i will not be wasting any more money on these, can not risk it, took me 3 years to save up for maya.

# 21 02-10-2006 , 05:33 AM
Subscriber
well version 8 is buggy at times and you have to have a good video card ...have you tried to use version 7 ? also if you just bought it you might try to PM tubby see if he can work something out ..not sure how they do it here ..but the video plays fine and i can use all the scripts in any version i have ...have you type something wrong when running the script ? if you have log me in .com ..you can grant me access and you can watch as i do it ? just a thought ...

sorry i cant be much more help ..

# 22 04-10-2006 , 04:09 AM
Subscriber
kbrown ..if you are out there ...i tried to PM you but your box is full ...is there any way to get the other mel scripts .... i dont know what happen i dont have them in my xtra folder

# 23 04-10-2006 , 05:57 AM
Sorry guys for not responding. I haven't been around for the past 6 weeks or so. Been busy in Norway finishing off a movie project. I'll take a look at this asap.

Don't have maya 8 myself though so I'm not sure if i'm able to help on the refplanes mel script issue... But I'll do what I can after some recovering time from the hellish crunch time I've been through...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 24 04-10-2006 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber
no problem at all ..I know the mel refplane works fine ..I did it in maya 8 .... no problem at all ..something abuot texture though ..i have version 7 and 8 .

also in your tutorial did the scripts come out later ? cause i dont have the other two scripts that i read in your readme ? polysmooth or something like that ?

hope you recover well. movie project hmmmm interesting ..i know i probably should not ask but what movie hehhe

# 25 04-10-2006 , 04:00 PM
Try with maya 7 some mel does not work with maya 8

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
# 26 04-10-2006 , 08:48 PM
Well. As I suspected, the refplanes.mel works ok on my machine with Maya 7. I might rewrite the whole script some day though because it's one of my very first scripts and not very clean or optimized code.

I don't have the original smoothing ON/OFF scripts anymore but these should work:
Code:
// Smoothing OFF
{
	string $sSmoothies[] = `ls -typ polySmoothFace -typ polySmoothProxy`;
	string $sItem;

for($sItem in $sSmoothies)
		setAttr ($sItem + ".nodeState") 1;
}
Code:
// Smoothing ON
{
	string $sSmoothies[] = `ls -typ polySmoothFace -typ polySmoothProxy`;
	string $sItem;

for($sItem in $sSmoothies)
		setAttr ($sItem + ".nodeState") 0;
}
To make the shelf buttons, copy each of the code bits above one at a time and paste it to the script editor window in Maya. Then select the code and MMB drag-drop it onto your shelf...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 27 04-10-2006 , 08:51 PM

Originally posted by mmoore5553
movie project hmmmm interesting ..i know i probably should not ask but what movie hehhe

I was doing comp work for Peter And The Wolf stop motion short. https://www.breakthrufilms.co.uk/prod.htm#peter

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB